Personal Data Privacy Notice
Private and confidential notification (for StemLife clients)
Dear Valued Client,
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) was introduced by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act, which applies to StemLife Berhad and its group of companies (including its subsidiaries) (“StemLife”), requires StemLife to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by StemLife and the purposes for the data processing. The Act also requires StemLife to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data.
Consequently, StemLife wish to inform you that the personal data (including your name and contact particulars), health or medical history, particulars and information (collectively, “Personal Data”) previously provided by you under or pursuant to the agreements or arrangements for cord blood banking services and / or for other services and / or products undertaken or provided by StemLife (collectively, the “Agreement”) will likely continue to be used and processed by StemLife for the following purposes:-
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and / or products to you;
- To process your payment transactions;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Market surveys and trend analysis;
- To provide you with information on services and / or products of StemLife and our related corporations and / or associates; (collectively “Purposes”).
Further, please be informed that if required for any of the foregoing Purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed by StemLife to:
- Any government or regulatory body;
- Any other person, to the extent required by law;
- StemLife officers, employees or other parties as are required to use the information or pursuant to the Agreement;
- As per the terms of the Agreement; or
- To the extent that it is at the time of this Agreement or at any time after that date, becomes public knowledge.
Save for the forgoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly disclosed to any third party. Please note that it will be necessary for StemLife to process your Personal Data, without which StemLife will not be able to continue to use your Personal Data for any of the above Purposes. You may at any time hereafter make written inquiries and, upon payment of a prescribed fee which StemLife may impose, request, in writing, for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Customer Service Officer of StemLife via registered post or email (which must be sent from the email address registered with StemLife) as set out below.
Customer Service Officer
B-7-15, Megan Avenue II,
12, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We trust that you will consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your Personal Data. If we do not receive any response from you on the above, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.
for and on behalf of StemLife Berhad (Chief Operating Officer) and its Group of Companies